Key to Umbria: Terni

Sant' Antonio da Padova (1924-30)

Umbria:  Home   Cities    History    Art    Hagiography    Contact


Terni:  Home    History    Art    Saints    Walks    Drives    Monuments    Museums 

Work began on this church in 1924, to a design by Cesare Bazzani.  The new church was needed to provide an alternative  when the capacity of San Tommaso proved to be insufficient for the growing parish.  The structure was badly damaged during the bombardment of the Second World War, and was finally restored in 1967 to a design by Enrico Lenti.

The doors of the church were designed by Nadia Lucidi.


The stark interior is relieved by the 22 stained glass windows designed by Vittorio Cecchi.

Return to Monuments in Terni.

Return to Walk II.